The mission of Richmond Community College is to provide life-long educational opportunities, workforce training and retraining, cultural enrichment, and community services by employing traditional and distance learning methods to support economic development and enhance the quality of people’s lives.
Richmond Community College will foster educational achievement, economic development, and personal growth in Richmond and Scotland counties by:
Being an institution of choice for educational opportunity.
Serving as a cultural center for the community.
Meeting the individual needs and aspirations of a diverse student population.
Providing relevant, evolving, and accessible programs and services employing current technology in state-of-the-art facilities.
Cultivating close and supportive relationships with the communities we serve.
Engaging students in an educational experience that prepares them for the diverse and changing 21st century work place.
Continuously improving through data-informed self-assessments and evaluations.
1. Develop comprehensive, individualized approaches to learning and services that meet the needs and foster success of our students.
A. Increase participation and completion rates of underserved and underachieving population segments.
B. Provide comprehensive support and intervention services for every student.
C. Enhance student advising.
D. Increase student graduation rates.
E. Increase resources for instructional technologies.
F. Increase retention rates.
G. Reduce the amount of time students spend in preparation for college level work.
2. Develop and implement new programs and courses that are relevant to our region, promote current technology, and respond to economic trends.
A. Expand distance learning instruction.
B. Integrate concepts of sustainability in relevant programs.
C. Evaluate and adjust program mix to meet changing community needs.
D. Improve delivery of instructional content through technology.
3. Supplement allocated funds with resources from external sources to better fulfill RCC’s mission.
A. Identify and develop adequate resources for the start up of programs.
B. Identify adequate resources to build and/or modify facilities.
C. Identify costs and raise funds for instructional technology.
4. Expand collaborations with external partners to serve our communities and help our students meet their educational and career goals.
A. Enhance and strengthen the relationships with each of the following in order to provide new and improved programs and services.
1) Governmental agencies
2) Four-year colleges and universities
3) Other community colleges
4) Business and industry
6) Public Schools
5. Optimize current building usage, make targeted additions, and implement changes to meet the needs of a growing enrollment.
A. Develop/allocate space to enhance learning and facilitate delivery of educational programs.
B. Provide appropriate facilities to support staff and faculty.
C. Provide appropriate work space and storage areas for maintenance staff and equipment.
6. Cultivate our connection to the community, strengthen our status as a cultural center, and enhance our public image.
A. Improve and expand opportunities to communicate with stakeholders and community members.
B. Develop and implement tools that inform the college of the communities’ perceptions.
C. Provide cultural activities to multiple sectors of the community.
7. Enrich the capabilities and capacity of the employees of Richmond Community College.
A. Promote inter and intra department teamwork in order to develop a unified college.
B. Improve customer service through professional development.
C. Prepare and certify the next generation of college leaders.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-19611400-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);